Profile- and Creep-Feed-Grinding
Please press buttons above to select.
Highly precise – economical – user-friendly
Macro I and Macro S / SI - The Main Technical Characteristics:
The MACRO Philosophy
The MACRO machine range is based on the innovative Moving-Wheel-Head (MWH) concept. All linear movements when positioning and grinding are performed by the grinding head. Compared to conventional moving column and moving table concepts this design arranges the axes in a very compact way, which results in optimum force distribution and minimal thermal variation, properties which result in best possible process control over a long lifespan.
The most diverse range of areas of application
MACRO machines are used in almost every industrial sector in which precision mechanical components are found. Wherever there is a need for accurate profiles or slots and/or close finish requirements MICRON equipment offers excellent, economical results. In the aircraft engine and stationary turbine industries, components with poor machinability, such as turbine blades and vanes, can be ground efficiently. Further applications are the highly efficient production of linear guide components, saw tooth profiles, gear racks, gear rings, guides, work holding details, cutting tools, broaches and highly dense ceramic parts. Steering system components and rocker arms are machined in the automotive industry. Stators and rotors in the hydraulic industry are other areas of application.
High production grinding Center with a X-travel up to 900 mm long. The enhanced X-travel allows grinding of large sized work pieces. This machine offers an index table so that loading and unloading can be done during the grind cycle. The index table needs only a few seconds to transport the newly clamped work piece into the grinding area with a simple rotation. Long dwell times are therefore eliminated. This makes the equipment very suitable for multiple machine operation as well as automation.
MACRO-S / SI
The MACRO-S was especially developed for use in cellular manufacturing installations. The overall width of the machine is a mere 1500 mm and customization of coolant evacuation and operator stations makes for a very adaptable package when production cells are rearranged. These machines are, therefore, extremely suitable for multiple machine installations and situations where easy adaption to changing production requirements is important. Despite its compact size this machine offers all the same characteristics found in our larger models for highly efficient production grinding.
The MACRO-SI offers an index table similar to the MACRO-I and facilitates loading and unloading of components parallel to the grinding process. The rigid design of the machine base and frame allows the mounting of most auxiliary systems directly to the machine which facilitates moving the machine as a single unit, an important feature in today’s ever changing production environment.
The MACRO series is characterized mainly by the following useful features
- torque tube design
- polymer concrete-filled machine bed
- tool slides of the machine are made from cast iron
- high stock removal rates achievable
- efficient vibration damping
- high thermal stability
- water-cooled spindles and spindle drives
- different rotary speeds and power levels available
- stable temperature during grinding
- consistently high part quality
- Polymer concrete-filled machine bed
- Complete enclosure around the machine
- Control cabinet and auxiliary frame for aggregates are swivel-mounted
- Hydraulic balancing system as weight compensation of the vertical slide
- Digital servo drive technology from Siemens
- Integrated Magneto-resistive measuring principle for all axes
- Table-mounted dresser systems for Form- and profile rolls
- Embedded grinding wheel data base
- Optional: Overhead dresser
- Optional: Acoustic emission and wheel balancing systems
- Optional: Automatic adjustment of the coolant nozzle
- State-of-the-art CNC technology. Siemens 840D with multi-channel structure and interpolation of up to 5 axes
- Pre-installed programs and grinding cycles
- Option: Acoustical Emission Monitoring System. Sensor in spindle nose with inductive signal transmission in back of spindle
- Further options: Integrated Balancing system for fully automated wheel balancing, high pressure cleaner, automatic nozzle adjustment, etc.
- Simple operation. Ideal for machining complex grinding applications
- Comfortable and fast adaption of different grinding operations
- Useable for collision monitoring, first detection of work piece and dressing. Increases production safety and reduces operating costs
- Best tailored to the customer's needs
The MICRON Dressing Systems
The dressing of the wheel is a controlling factor for a successful grinding application. For best possible process flexibility MICRON machines can be equipped with a variety of dressing systems ranging from a tiltable table mounted disc dresser to an overhead diamond roll system with or without continuous dress capability. Also available are highly rigid crushing devices. Software is available for CAD assisted creation of disc dressing programs.
The Main Technical Characteristics
Implementation Size Width / Depth / Height ca. 1500mm / ca. 2600mm / ca. 2400mm Weight ca. 6000kg X-travel 300mm* Y-travel ca. 350mm* Z-travel ca. 300mm* Spindle technology 11KW - 37KW Spindle speed 3200 / 4500 / 16000 U/min Max. Grinding wheel diameter 400mm* Max. Grinding wheel width 150mm
Implementation Size Width / Depth / Height ca. 2400mm / ca. 2600mm / ca. 2400mm Weight ca. 11000kg X-travel 900mm* Y-travel ca. 350mm* Z-travel ca. 300mm* Spindle technology 11KW - 37KW Spindle speed 3200 / 4500 / 16000 U/min Max. Grinding wheel diameter 400mm* Max. Grinding wheel width 150mm
Below you will find our data sheet with more technical details. Please click on the image to download the PDF file.
» download data sheet
» download data sheet
Peter Wolters Product Videos
LAPMASTER WOLTERS GmbH, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 4331 458-0
Fax: +49 (0) 4331 458-290
LAPMASTER WOLTERS is always there for you: around the world and around the corner – or here on our Website!
Flexible CNC grinding centers with a modular construction:
Highly precise – economical – user-friendly
MICRON machines are modular CNC grinding centers. They are compact, reliable, and especially designed for Creep Feed-, Profile-, and HEDG grinding. Compared to conventional surface grinding, these processes allow high stock removal rates. MICRON machines, therefore, offer a high level of dynamic rigidity.
MICRON machines are used in almost every industrial sector in which precision mechanical components are found. Wherever there is a need for accurate profiles or slots and / or close finish requirements MICRON equipment offers excellent, economical results.